Year after year, studies have shown that nearly half of sales reps do not achieve quota. This figure is completely unacceptable. Either sales reps are not improving their skill sets, or the quotas are out to lunch. I was recently told,
“There is never a bad sales rep, it was either a bad hire or management’s inability to provide the tools and support for them to succeed.”
Either way, your sales manager is part of the solution. In my 25+ years in sales, sales leadership and executive sales coaching, it has become clear to me that frontline sales managers are the key to driving performance in any sales organization.
As a result of ongoing mediocre sales performance and the premise that companies can improve sales results by simply developing strong sales managers, The STAR 2015 Sales Manager Survey™ was developed. The goal of the survey is to gain a better understanding of the state of the sales managers development worldwide.
We are in the process of drafting the final report, however one thing has become apparent as the survey progressed.
50% of sales leaders state that their #1 priority as it relates to sales management development is improving performance management.
It’s clear that sales leaders need help now. Not six months from now, but immediately. Sales in 2015 depend on putting together strategies that can positively impact sales performance today.
Sales Performance Summit
In recognizing this need, we brought together some of the most prestigious and recognized experts and thought leaders in the world of sales management to create the Sales Performance Summit which will be held on Monday April 6, 2015, at University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management. The Summit will assist sales leaders and address the most pressing challenges they are dealing with today. In addition to myself, learn from these recognized experts:
- Tibor Shanto: Sales Execution Specialist, Ranked in the Top 10 Social Salespeople on Forbes in 2014
- Tim Hurson: Performance Catalyst, Recommended by Oprah Winfrey Network and Inc. Magazine
- Bill Baldasti: Infusion VP of Canadian Sales, Co-founder of Infusion Canada
What about the sales leaders who can’t travel or can’t make the date?
By special arrangement, and with the generous support of our sponsor Audibility, we’ve been able to offer a web-based simulcast LIVE or within 30 days of the summit to be viewed at your convenience. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn:
- How to maximize the ROI on your investment in sales technology
- How to improve sales rep engagement and create highly engaged clients that deliver more sales and profits
- What/Who is the key to unlocking the potential of your sales organization
- The power of sales management coaching
- How to create a culture of success
- How to leverage leading indicators to drive execution
- How management and sales people can ensure a dynamic sales process
If you are an executive sales leader invested in success, and believe that your sales culture — as reflected by your sales teams at all levels — is the key to out-thinking and out-selling their competitors then you should attend the Sales Performance Summit.
Register Now with the code RINGLEA20 to save 20%.
Get more sales tips in the RingLead ebook, Sphere of Influence Selling: An Inside Sales Approach to Crushing Your Quota.